Discount only applies to qualifying fashions and will be automatically calculated at the time of checkout. Offer is only available at chiccousa.com. Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable due to canceled orders or due to out-of-stock merchandise. Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping and handling charges, or other similar charges. Discount not applicable with returned merchandise; total discount will be deducted from the value of any returned item to which the discount applied. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer nor is this offer valid on previous purchases. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs for returned merchandise. Shipping only available within the Continental United States. Chiccousa.com reserves the right to modify this offer without prior notice.
Discount only applied to qualifying products and will be automatically calculated at the time of checkout. Offer is only available at Chiccousa.com. Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable due to canceled orders or due to out-of-stock merchandise. Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping and handling charges, or other similar charges. Discount not applicable with returned merchandise; total discount will be deducted from the value of any returned item to which the discount applied. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer nor is this offer valid on previous purchases. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs for returned merchandise. Chiccousa.com reserves the right to modify this offer without prior notice.
Even More to Love!
The NextFit® iX fits your vehicle and your child with proven SuperCinch® LATCH functionality and a new LockSure™ vehicle belt-tightening system, plus easy-to-use adjustability designed to comfortably accommodate growing children from 5 to 65 pounds. NextFit® iX Zip Air also features a zip-off seat pad for machine washing and a breathable 3D AirMesh backrest.
Easiest to Install Correctly
NextFit® iX features a 9-position ReclineSure® leveling system and dual RideRight® bubble level-indicators to help achieve and verify proper angle in the vehicle seat. For installation with LATCH, premium connectors and a SuperCinch® tightener help achieve a secure fit with a fraction of the effort. (When it’s time to switch from rear-facing to forward-facing, the LATCH strap passes easily through the built-in slide path for proper repositioning.) For installation with the vehicle seat belt, a LockSure™ belt-tightening system makes it easy to position, tighten and lock the belt into place.
From Newborn through Preschool
NextFit® iX is engineered to last with built-in “fit-ability” for every stage, including a removable infant insert and smooth one-hand headrest adjustment with nine positions. As the headrest is raised, the shoulder strap position also raises and widens to accommodate growing children without re-threading. The harness also features an easy-pull, force-multiplying tightener and removable, machine-washable shoulder pads. For easier in/out, NextFit® iX Zip is equipped with a padded ComfortFlex® harness management system that holds both sides of the waist belt out of the way until the child is ready to be buckled.
NextFit® iX has a steel-reinforced frame and is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side-impact protection.
ReclineSure® 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
Dual RideRight® bubble level-indicators verify seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
Premium connectors and a SuperCinch® tightener help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
New! LockSure™ belt-tightening system helps achieve a secure installation with vehicle seat belt
New! 9-position easy-adjust headrest and no-rethread harness accommodate growing children
New! Easy-pull, force-multiplying harness tightener for a snug and secure child fit with less effort
Zip & Wash seat pad easily zips out from shell for machine washing
Breathable 3D AirMesh backrest with airflow channels for improved ventilation
Padded ComfortFlex® harness system keeps both sides of waist belt out of the way for easy in/out!
Steel-reinforced frame with EPS energy-absorbing foam is side-impact tested for superior protection
Care and Maintenance:
Fabrics may be spot cleaned. Hand wash using mild soap and water, or machine washed in cold water on delicate cycle using mild detergent. Do not use bleach, hang to dry. For plastics, sponge clean using warm water and mild soap: towel dry.
Set the standard for automotive elegance with the mindfully designed LUXE collection from Chicco. Showcasing a perforated black leatherette layered over a hint of color, the sheen of a classic bright silver zipper, and all embodied in an exceptionally soft jet black knit, the LUXE collection delivers with every luxurious detail that you'd expect from Chicco. The Jade fashion features emerald green.
NextFit iX Zip LUXE Convertible Car Seat - Jade is rated
4.9 out of
Rated 3 out of
Jason G Hull from
Better iX Zip versions availableI own three Chicco NextFit car seats and just bought two NextFit iX Zip LUXE. Due to having multiple vehicles, the time it takes to properly install a car seat, and that our youngest son is now too big for the Chicco Keyfit 30, we decided to have two NextFit car seats for each car. We bought two NextFit iX Zip LUXE because we wanted the zip-out liner and we liked the idea of having padding around the crotch and legs to make the restraint more comfortable for long rides. The Chicco Nextfit ix Zip LUXE is a bit of mixed bag.
1. Chicco NextFit car seats are tanks! They are heavy, large, well padded, and wrap around the child. They remind me of the seats that you see in Nascar. If adult automobile seats shared similar design, I would imagine traffic fatalities and serious injuries would decrease. I am so impressed by the construction that I would not even consider buying another brand of car seat.
2. Leveling the seat properly is extraordinarily easy due to the adjustable base and built in leveling bubbles. Even people who are not handy, not technically savvy, and unable to hang pictures straight on their wall will still be able to position this car seat appropriately.
3. The child harnessing adjustments are extraordinarily easy to use and very intuitive.
4. The latch to attach the car seat to the care provides extraordinary leverage and allows for tightening the car seat in position very securely. I use both the latch and the vehicle seat belts just in case. The two fastening methods do not interfere with each other, at least not in any of my vehicles.
5. The car seat is very easily adaptable to children of multiple sizes and accommodates a large variety of heights and weights. Adjustments for size are easily made.
6. The padding detaches via zipper. Children have a tendency to throw up in the car. On the regular Chicco NextFit, detaching the padding for machine washing is no simple task. The zip out design solves that problem.
7. Instructions provided are very clear and thorough.
1. The zip out design makes installation using the vehicle seat belt more difficult. You have to unzip the lining to work the seat belt through the car seat. In my opinion, this negative is outweighed by the positive that the lining unzips for easy cleaning.
2. The LUXE incorporates leather/synthetic leather into its design in order to achieve its "automotive design" feel. This material is rough to the touch. It may look nice but it is impractical, especially when you are dealing with children who have soft and delicate skin. The LUXE is the most expensive of the NextFit iX Zip line and simultaneously the "automotive design" feature makes the LUXE the worst of the NextFit iX Zip line. I would think that the NextFit iX Air might be worth the money due to the "breathable mesh" but the "automotive design" is actually an undesirable quality. The only reason I bought the LUXE was because AlbeeBaby.com had the jade color on sale for $249.99. Owning two for the price of $500 was too attractive to pass up. I have yet to see whether the rough texturing on this leather will cause issues for my sons. If it does, I will use my old NextFit car seats in the minivan, which we use for long trips, and move the NextFit iX LUXE into my 4 door sedan which is used for shorter and incidental trips. My recommendation is to avoid the LUXE model.
3. Finally, the reason that I give this product 3-stars. The leather/synthetic leather would be enough to move it from 5 stars to 4 stars simply because the other 3 versions of this car seat do not have that drawback and the other three versions easily qualify as five stars, except for this one issue. What is that issue? "Padded ComfortFlex® harness system keeps both sides of waist belt out of the way for easy in/out!" The padded component that wraps around the thighs (not the crotch) has some sort of springy plastic or spring steel that runs through it. This part is what holds the straps apart to make it easy to place your child in the car seat without incidentally sitting them on top of the child restraints. That is great for placing the child in the car seat, however, that is not so good in the event of an accident. If you press firmly against the padding you can easily feel the hard and thin edge of the metal. I can hardly imagine what that might do to a child during an auto accident. Be warned: All of the Chicco NextFit iX Zip models have this component. The good news is that you can easily remove this component. That is exactly what I did. Without that component I would rate all the Chicco NextFit iX Zip models as 5-stars except for the LUXE which I would rate 4-stars. But since they include this component that I think is dangerous to the child in the event of a car crash, at least harmful relative to its absence, I am rating this car seat as 3-stars. If I were not able to remove this component, I would return this product and buy the Chicco NextFit iX instead. Since it can be removed, I will keep the product and deal with the leather component as I mentioned earlier.
1. Built like a tank!
2. Easy to position properly and install.
3. Easy to adjust to children of different sizes.
4. Easy to secure child.
5. Easy to secure car seat.
6. Zip out lining for machine wash.
7. Excellent instructions.
1. "Padded ComfortFlex® harness system keeps both sides of waist belt out of the way for easy in/out!" Huge issue. Spring metal inside of padding is potentially dangerous. Why not just use velcro to hold the straps out of the way? Be sure to remove this component.
2. "Automotive-inspired styling" is uncomfortable to the touch. Avoid the LUXE for a different model of Chicco NextFit iX Zip.
3. Zip lining makes it more difficult to utilize vehicle seatbelt to secure car seat.
Date published: 2018-01-12
Rated 5 out of
Super comfy Captain's ChairWe had to replace our well-loved Keyfit 30 because our 9 month old is just too tall for it. We looked at the leading competitors but honestly the Nextfit was suuuuuuper comfy, gave LO the angles he demanded for sitting up, and fit beautifully in my small car (Scion xD). And the color is smashing, to boot! Son has gone from screaming his head off to only mild annoyance at being strapped in, in less than a week. It's sturdy and sleek, too. LOVE this.
Date published: 2017-10-10
Rated 5 out of
Lots of optionsStarted using this carseat a few weeks ago and the baby seems very comfortable! It is very well padded.
Date published: 2017-05-04
Rated 5 out of
Great Product!This is a wonderful product! It was super easy to install! My husband and I have a 9 month old son and he was starting to grow out of his infant car seat. This product is made with nice material and seems very comfortable. I believe it gives our son more room and he seems to enjoy it! I would definitely recommend this product!! So far, we are very pleased!
Date published: 2017-04-11
Rated 5 out of
Great features!I just received my new NextFit Luxe carseat and couldn’t be happier. Like most parents, my two biggest concerns are comfort and safety. I was thrilled to see that the headrest can be reclined in 9 different positions without taking my daughter out of the seat. This has been especially helpful when she naps in the car, which is often! She appears to be very content in the seat. The fabric is so comfortable and is far superior than any other car seats that we have used in the past. It appears to be durable, but can be zipped out for cleaning. I was also amazed at how easily the car seat could be installed. In the past, I had to rely on my husband to secure the seats and, even then, questioned if they were tight enough. This was not the case with the NextFit Luxe! I feel confident that my daughter is safe and it took less much time and effort when compared to other seats. I am very happy with this purchase!
Date published: 2017-04-10
Rated 5 out of
Excellent car seat!Before my daughter was born, I assumed we would keep her in the infant car seat until she reached the weight limit. Unfortunately, as she hit 10 months old and 20 pounds, she and the seat became too heavy to carry around comfortably. I did some research online, and saw that the line of Chicco NextFit car seats had good reviews on several websites so I decided to try one out. I have to say, I wish I would have switched to a NextFit Zip Luxe months ago! My daughter seems to find it much more comfortable than her last car seat. Even though she hadn't outgrown her infant seat, she seemed cramped and uncomfortable in it. She has more room to stretch out in the NextFit now and has been more content during recent car trips. Also, it was a breeze to install in my car. I was nervous about doing it myself, but it wasn't bad after I read thru the directions. I'm also really excited about the zip feature. As a former nanny, I'm well aware of the mess kiddos can make in their car seats. I like that I'll be able easily unzip the cover and wash it when those messes occur. Also doesn't hurt that it is all black, as it won't show stains. While doing comparison shopping, it appeared that most convertible car seats are bulkier than their infant counterparts. I found that to be true of the NextFit, but once I installed it, it seemed to take up about the same amount of space in my car as our old one did. All things considered, I wish I would've skipped the infant car seat and gone straight to this one. It fits itty bitty babies and will fit my kid for several years to come. I don't think you can go wrong with the NextFit ZipLuxe!
Date published: 2017-04-08
Rated 5 out of
Favorite car seat yetThis car seat is easy to adjust and install. I am incredibly thankful for the easily adjustable head rest. I have had car seats where you had to undo the straps completely and feed them back through the new holes every few months. The front button for loosening the straps is great for quickly releasing my daughter from the seat. It is the perfect seat for transitioning our youngest to forward facing. The zip off cover will be so nice when we need to wash it after an accident too!
The only thing I would like to see differently would be cup holders that are permanently attached or a little bit bigger than the one that is provided to clip on. That being said, I am completely happy with this seat and would highly recommend it!
Date published: 2017-04-08
Rated 5 out of
This car seat is a MUST HAVE!My husband and I got the NextFit iX Zip LUXE Convertible Car Seat for our 9 month old daughter who is 23 pounds, 27” long and sits rear facing. The car seat was quick and easy to install and the instructions were easy to follow in comparison to other car seats we’ve tried. The latches are labeled in the order of installation and the bubble levels on each side make it easy to confirm the car seat is installed correctly. All you have to do is latch, tighten, and adjust the recline (9 positions available offering variety for children of all sizes facing both forward and back).
The car seat is soft, comfortable, and made of sturdy material. The headrest is adjustable and car seat offers plenty of legroom for her while she is rear facing. The plush seat padding (which also zips out for easy cleaning) is almost like memory foam. Our daughter’s comfort was obvious from the start as her first ride to grandma’s house, over an hour long drive, resulted in a peaceful nap for the duration.
Getting our daughter in and out of the seat is quick and easy. The car seat is more compact than similar models allowing passengers riding up front more legroom.
There were a few other features that stood out about this car seat. First, the seat comes with built in storage compartments for the tether, side latches and instruction manual, which is great for an organized mom like me who doesn’t want to see excess cords dangling. Second, the harness strap shoulder protectors are soft, slide easily and cover a long portion of the strap. Third, the chest strap is low profile and clips easily. Also, aesthetically the seat is very attractive which is important because we all want our babies riding in style!
I highly recommend this car seat to anyone looking for a comfortable, snug fitting, low profile and easy/quick to install seat for their child.
Do you get a base for these, or do you purchase one for each vehicle? Thanks!
Asked by: FTM2018
The base is attached to the Nextfit iX car seat and is not removable.
Answered by: Chicco Expert
Date published: 2018-03-02
Is the seat pad machine washable?
Asked by: Sarnett
The seat cover may be machine washed on delicate cycle using cold water, and a mild detergent. Hang to dry. You may view our video "Removing the Seat Padding " on the Product Video tab of our website.
Answered by: Chicco Expert
Date published: 2017-11-16
What's the difference between the nextfit zip ix luxe and the nextfit zip ix air?? And which one is better??
Asked by: Romulo5
The Nextfit iX Zip Luxe has premium luxury edition fabrics. The Nextfit iX Zip Air has 3D AirMesh fabrics.
Answered by: Chicco Expert
Date published: 2017-10-13
Does the Nextfit iX Zip Air have a cupholder like the Nextfit Zip?
Asked by: abeebee
Yes, the Chicco NextFit® iX Convertible Car Seat does have a thermal-insulated cup holder.